Storefront API Complete checkout without redirect to Shopify web for non creditcard payment options

Remy_
2 0 0

Hi All,

Is there a way to complete the checkout (payment) in the Storefront API without using the `webUrl` for non creditcard payment options?

Can I use the `checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3` mutation for non creditcard payment options, like Paypal or iDeal (Netherlands)?

Thanks in advance!

Remy

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 27 40

Hey @Remy_ 

Here is a guide on using checkout with the storefront api. If you were looking to have customer avoid hitting the webUrl entirely, it would require a special permission that is reserved normally for sales channels. It is recommended you use the Shopify Checkout for all transactions. 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Remy_
2 0 0

Hi @Kevin_A,

Thank you for your message.

I have read the checkout guide for the storefront API. 

Is it possible to use other payment options within the API than credit card or the `webUrl`?

Kind regards,

Remy

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 27 40

Hey @Remy_ 

The "webUrl" returns a unique URL that you can use to direct customers to the Shopify checkout. This should allow you to take any supported payment methods for your shop. 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes