Storefront API: Orders not showing up after calling checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3

Sterling_Smith
Excursionist
18 0 5

Am I missing an additional step?  The return Checkout object has an order field that's just "null," and nothing is showing up in my Shopify admin dashboard under orders.  I've followed this documentation very specifically (adjusting to the checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3 endpoint) and still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 86 163

Hey @Sterling_Smith,

There are a few requirements that your app needs before you can use this mutation, this guide shows the V2 mutation but the requirements are the same. Please make sure your app has filled these requirements before trying that mutation.

If that looks good, can you kindly provide more information about the response you're seeing when you send this mutation? Ideally, if you can provide the X-Request-ID from the response header I can use that to pin-point your request in our logs.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Sterling_Smith
Excursionist
18 0 5

Hi, thanks for the response

It looks like we have payments set up as according to that documentation, so here is our x-request-id header: f39dd67b-cef9-46c5-b99a-c44f549f092c

It looks like even though a legitimate credit card was provided, the response object includes a payment object that looks like:

"payment": {
  "id": "Z2lkOi8vc2hvcGlmeS9QYXltZW50LzE0OTU4MTUxMjcwODk/Y2hlY2tvdXQ9NmJiMzVkMTVmYWI5ZTRjYmJmMWIxN2I0MGFkOGZmMDUma2V5PWNhOGIyZjU5NjAxM2NlOWIzNzUxYmIyYzhkMzliNTBi",
  "test": false,
  "ready": false,
  "errorMessage": null,
  "transaction": null,
  "nextActionUrl": null,
  "creditCard": null
},

the card provided was tokenized via Shopify, using the 

https://elb.deposit.shopifycs.com/sessions

endpoint

0 Likes
Sterling_Smith
Excursionist
18 0 5

Hello there,

We've made some progress and are now seeing this error in our store when attempting to complete and pay for a checkout order

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 12.35.42 PM.png

With not much to go on, is there anything you would suggest we try?

0 Likes
daniel_sonny
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hello. I'm facing the same issue but with a Apple Pay payment token.

Basically, We manage to create a checkout, fill it with items but the checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3 doens't return a "order" and neither a error in "checkoutUserErrors" field once we call the mutation to complete the checkout.

Is there a way to debug the issue? is there a log registry we can check to understand the issue.

More over the documentation seems a clunky and misses of what data we should send from the Apple pay response that we get from the Swift native feature with PassKit.

Sterling_Smith
Excursionist
18 0 5

Yep!  This same thing is also happening to us with an Apple Pay token as well

daniel_sonny
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hey mate @Sterling_Smith. How did you mange to get at least an error in their dashboard for the current checkout? Our Checkouts we do programmatically are just displayed in the "abandoned" section.

The situation with this mutation seems a bit messy to me.

lukasz_gj
1 0 0

I am facing with the same issue.
Do you know if it is a temporary problem?
I would like to proceed with implementation.

@Sterling_Smith how you managed to see errors?

0 Likes
Sterling_Smith
Excursionist
18 0 5

The error we are now seeing is still located in the Abandoned Checkouts section of our dashboard, when we click on one of the checkouts in the list, it shows up at the bottom.

We were able to get this far by ensuring that everything related to accepting payments in the store (not the app, but the store we were trying to place orders with) was set up properly (Settings -> Payments), but that new error is still there

daniel_sonny
Excursionist
12 0 3

@Sterling_Smith Ok, basically is what we have now. I mean the Abandoned checkouts section full of our tries, but without errors you see.

@_JB Could you please address us?

0 Likes