I am at a loss as to the differences between all of these tools and the documentation is not very clear. I am trying to make an app where a user can come in and customize their product before purchasing. I know the customization part will be a standalone app, but I don't know if I should be using App Bridge or the Storefront API or the Script Tag.
The storefront API seems to offer inventory tools and product tools, but does not help with customer management (like logging in and saving account, etc.) right? If I need customer management should I build an embedded app? Or use the script tag to load in external content? Just need some clarity between the differences and use cases for these. Thank you!
As there is a lot of information online on these topics, I just want to provide a high level overview to help you understand the differences between these technologies.
1. Storefront API: is used to create a custom storefront and add buyer experience onto a platform. Examples would be building a mobile app for your store, a headless website, adding commerce to an existing blog, smart mirror etc. It handles all aspects you would need to rebuild a commerce experience so products, collections, content, customer logins and more.
2. Script tag: allows you to add JS into a theme upon installation of your app
3. App bridge: is a JS library used for apps to embed their app into the admin.
Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution