Storefront.Buy/Pay iOS/Android SDK

tkukahiko
4 0 0

I am currently trying to leverage the Shopify Buy & Pay SDK to build a mobile application for our Crust Club website

I can successfully pull in all the collections, create a cart and create a new Storefront.Checkout object. I can update the email, shippingAddress, and shippingRate. I am running into issues when trying to complete the payment via Credit Card

I am using Shopify’s Vault to store a tokenized Credit Card. Here are the steps I am using the Vault a Credit Card:

1. Query for ShopCard Vault URL
  2. Collection CC from user and save to a Card.CreditCard object using a Card.Client
  3. Save CC token that is returned from service.

After obtaining a Vault token I am attempting to process the Storefront.Checkout. I first create a PayCheckout object with my cart/checkout details. And then I attempt to complete checkout using Storefront.TokenizedPaymentInputV3 with my vault token and then call checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3 with my checkout ID and payment. When I attempt this I am getting an error saying my Payment method is invalid. 

I would love to know the proper way to complete a CreditCard checkout as there is no real examples in the example projects provided. 

Any information will be extremely helpful and valuable

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
307 39 51

Hey @tkukahiko 

Were you granted access to the the payment scope for your app? If so, can you please provide the x-request-id from the response headers so we can take a look?

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
klaytonerekson
6 0 0

@Kevin_A I am the mobile developer working with @tkukahiko 

The x-request-id is: 8034628a-8e79-4f3f-8842-90d6c249fd5c

0 Likes
tkukahiko
4 0 0

Kevin,

Can you please respond to Klay on this.  Here is what he said:

0 Likes
klaytonerekson
6 0 0

@Kevin_A Any updates or suggestions on how to fix this issue?

0 Likes
tkukahiko
4 0 0

Hey Kevin,

This is Tyler Kukahiko.  I am the store owner for Crust Club.  Klay is very close to completing this process for us.  We really need to determine how to complete this process.  Would it be possible to set up a call, chat, zoom meeting?

Tyler

0 Likes
tkukahiko
4 0 0

Hi Kevin,

We have responded a few times with no reply from you.  We really need to set up a call or chat to establish that this can be done.  I will post the request ID below again...but would sincerely appreciate a response today to get this taken care of.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
307 39 51

Hey @tkukahiko 

Thanks for providing the request-id. It doesn't look like your app has the payment processing permission. Please see our documentation and access the form here: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/create-a-checkout-with-storefront-api#completing-the-checkout

Please note that there is no guarantee your app will be approved for this permission. You can always complete checkouts by redirecting customers to the webURL in the meantime. 

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
klaytonerekson
6 0 0

@Kevin_A is there no way to complete an entire native mobile flow through the app without a public approved Sales Channel? We are currently trying to use a private app to checkout and complete the order process. 

From what I am reading it seems that we need to convert our private app into an approved Sales Channel that utilizes Stripe in order to complete this? 

Please let me know if that is the only path forward for an entirely native flow without using the webURL

Thanks

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
307 39 51

Hey @klaytonerekson 

I was actually referring to the second part of the message on the doc: 

0 Likes