Swagger doc Shopify

agaonkar
Tourist
28 0 2

Is there any Swagger document available for Shopify APIs?

0 Likes
Ryan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
492 42 110

Hi @agaonkar,

We don't use swagger to document our APIs, but our own in-house documentation which you can view here: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference.

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes
TMIA
Tourist
5 0 11

@Ryan Please consider using Swagger/OpenAPI. A REST client can easily be 80% of the development effort in an integration, so the ability to generate it automatically has enormous value. Developers increasingly view OpenAPI docs as a hard requirement for a minimum viable product.

TMIA
Tourist
5 0 11

Not only is it a gigantic waste of time to hand-write API documentation and consumers based on that documentation, but human error inevitably creeps in. I've just spent about six hours writing DTOs for Order and its related types. That should have been done in five seconds. I made some assumptions about scalar types and nullability, so I probably made some mistakes. There are mistakes in the documentation, too. For example, the field descriptions for line_items describe several fields that aren't in the example JSON. Which is correct, the JSON or the descriptions? I can't tell without testing. Auto-generating an OpenAPI spec would save you the trouble of maintaining the documentation.

Chiru
1 0 0

Completely agree @TMIA. We personally faced this issue and figured out it is better to develop a tool. So we created a community free tool - API Shark - https://www.cloudvector.com/api-shark/. It allows to auto-generate OpenAPI Specs. Check it out.

0 Likes
rune
1 0 0

I can't agree more with you @TMIA 

The docs are littered with errors. A proper guessing game 🤦‍

@Ryan Please consider this. Make it a high priority.
The easier one can integrate with Shopify the more it's gonna be used....

0 Likes
louisewilson
1 0 1

Shopify OpenAPI Spec is up to date.

I tried it and it worked in Go. The page shows support for TypeScript and Python.

It even supports OpenAPI 3 and appears to be well maintained (as of Dec 2020).