Sync Customer Data

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey there, hope you are doing well

Our App uses Read_Customers scope for Customer Data. App imports Customer Data to our App and provides for Merchants marketing automation tools. We use this data for enrichment subscribers data inside our App for advanced marketing opportunities for Merchants.

Merchant can change Customer Email address in our App. Should we send this update to Merchant Shopify Admin? In this case, should we build sync from our side to Shopify Admin according to https://shopify.dev/concepts/app-store/getting-your-app-approved/app-requirements section 6 point 6?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
496 64 111

Hey @evstefeev,

Yes if you're storing the data you'll want to make sure you follow all the recommendations in the doc you linked. Also make sure to check out this doc which talks specifically about storing customer data.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks, I have read this doc too. But could you explain this block

It’s important for merchants to be able to sync and store their customer data in their Shopify admin so they can manage their business and reach their customers across the multiple apps and services they might use. It’s preferable for this data to be synced automatically through Shopify's APIs so that the process is less complex for merchants. If your app is unable to do this because of a technical or policy limitation, then you need to provide merchants with the ability to manually sync their data through your app’s interface or through tools that Shopify will provide for you in the future.

If Merchant manually update Customer data in our App, should we sync this data with Shopify Admin? And how should it work? I should emphasize, that we use only read_cutomer_data scope.

0 Likes