Test Shopify Payments through the API

jesushernandez
2 0 3

Hello,

I am currently trying to place some test orders (via the checkout API) and the checkout object I get comes with an empty (`null`) `shopify_payments_account_id`. Do you have any idea of what could be happening?

Here is a summary of the current setup:

• using a development store
  • the development store is configured to use Shopify Payments, with Test Mode enabled
  • talking to the API using the access token obtained via a custom Sales Channel
  • our access token has the following scopes attached to it:
    • read_products
    • read_product_listings
    • read_collection_listings
    • write_checkouts
  • we are using the python bindings for the Shopify API
  • we are able to create a `Checkout` object (hence getting a valid token)
  • the orders are appearing under the `Abandoned` Orders section in our development store

Any help would be appreciated, as we are not sure if this is a configuration or a code issue.

Thanks,

Jesús

Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2009

The checkout API is for Sales Channels only.
Are you using the Sales Channels SDK and seeing this error or just attempting to access it directly?

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
jesushernandez
2 0 3

Thanks for the reply.

The setup is:

- we created a sales channel and 'subscribed' our development store to it (with the scopes above). This gives us an access token

- we use the pair <access_token, shop_domain> to authenticate against shopify's APIs and create checkout objects.

So yes, I believe we are using it as a Sales Channel.

I just checked again, and there is an option which we have not enabled yet (on the sales channel): Request Payment Processing. Do you think this will be needed if we just need to test stuff?

0 Likes
Marcel_Silva
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

I have the same issue.

Im sure i'll end up find a solution by myself, but it is amazing to see how many treads like this, shopify did not bother to give us an answer in the end...

Hilal
3 0 0

I have the same issue, has anyone solved this? 

When asking shopify for help they redirect me to a page where I can hire a developer for help..

If this persist, I will have to recommend to our CTO to switch to something other than shopify

0 Likes
MontyPython
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey, Guys, I have the same issue. Any progress with this?

0 Likes
MIKE69
6 0 0

Any updates?

0 Likes
zac8
Shopify Partner
21 0 1

Any updates on this issue?

0 Likes
Nanda
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Any updates?

0 Likes
Hiroshi
Tourist
10 0 0

Hello, same issue here.. there are many request about this. Any updates?

0 Likes