Testing with bogus gateway in Canada

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
70 7 24

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the 'bogus gateway' so that I can test order creation and webhooks. However the bogus gateway says 'unavailable in my country'. Is there a work around for this that anyone knows? Documentation doesn't suggest anything as far as I can find.

Many thanks, G.

Store owner and app developer. Canada.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1426 87 315

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @GMKnight!

Taking a look into this, I can see where the confusion lies as the wording for the Bogus Gateway shows that it is unavailable within Canada. Typically, when enabling the Bogus Gateway, you'd do so under "Credit Card Providers;" however, since you're based in Canada, it would require disabling Shopify Payments. If it is not fully set up, it can't be removed/deactivated. 

I suspect that the system says the gateway is unavailable for your country is due to the Bogus Gateway being a credit card processor, to which, you would technically have one enabled already (Shopify Payments). That said, you should still be able to activate it by clicking through the prompts under "Third-Party Providers." Once you have, it should appear in your checkout like so: 

20-02-lvg29-h0hnr

Our help doc here dives into the steps needed to use the gateway; however, this information also appears after you've activated the gateway in your store.  If you run into any issues, please let me know!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
70 7 24

Thanks Peter! That worked a treat! I really appreciate your post!

G.

Store owner and app developer. Canada.
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am currently testing my store, didn't select plan yet.

My question is Can I use BOGUS GATEWAY for testing credit cards? I have configured but the checkout page not shown up

@Peter wrote:

Hey, @GMKnight!

Taking a look into this, I can see where the confusion lies as the wording for the Bogus Gateway shows that it is unavailable within Canada. Typically, when enabling the Bogus Gateway, you'd do so under "Credit Card Providers;" however, since you're based in Canada, it would require disabling Shopify Payments. If it is not fully set up, it can't be removed/deactivated. 

I suspect that the system says the gateway is unavailable for your country is due to the Bogus Gateway being a credit card processor, to which, you would technically have one enabled already (Shopify Payments). That said, you should still be able to activate it by clicking through the prompts under "Third-Party Providers." Once you have, it should appear in your checkout like so: 

20-02-lvg29-h0hnr

Our help doc here dives into the steps needed to use the gateway; however, this information also appears after you've activated the gateway in your store.  If you run into any issues, please let me know!

@Peter wrote:

Hey, @GMKnight!

20-02-lvg29-h0hnr

Any solution .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1426 87 315

@NomanSaeed 

To enable the checkout process will require that you select a plan and add a credit card to the account. However, it is important to note that you will not be charged for the plan until your trial comes to an end. Once you have selected a plan and added a credit card, you will be able to enable the bogus gateway to test the checkout process. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
I will use Third-party payment providers (Safepay) and they have a TEST gateway option as well. Can I use it without any charges or not?

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1426 87 315

@NomanSaeed 

If they offer a testing mode that you can enable in the Shopify admin, then yes, you should be able to use their payment integration to create test orders without getting charged. 

0 Likes