The Shopify Webhook call failed and sent us an email notification, but our service was actually work

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello,the webhook call of some stores has failed these two days, and they have been sending us email notification, but our service interface is normal.Guess if some of shopify's servers could not connect and call our server when sending webhook.Please help me troubleshoot the survivre1.myshopify.com, frejapisanidaebel.myshopify.com, jackfruitt.myshopify.com, these three stores, from November 2020 12 solstice webhook during November 16, 2020 abnormal record, is not sent to us on the service interface, lead to 48 after a timeout, sent a mail failure notice, thank you!

webhook失败.jpgwebhook失败1.jpgwebhook失败2.jpgwebhook失败3.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 22 29

Hey @AndyChou 

When we send a webhook, it is required that the endpoint send us a 200 response. In this case, it is likely that either the endpoint was not able to receive our webhook, or more likely that the endpoint did not respond with a 200. 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey @Kevin_A 

Our interface service is normal and returns 200;According to shopify's email reminder, "cannot make connection to the host", does it mean that Shopify's server cannot connect to our server, that is, none of the requests have come? How should we deal with this situation?webhook失败2.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 22 29

Hey @AndyChou 

Is this the only webhook and only shop you are having issues with? I assume you are logging requests, so are you able to confirm if there have ever been any successful webhooks? 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,@

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi @Kevin_A 

The number of merchants that fail the Webhook callback is random, but small;We have a total of over 30,000 merchants, all of whom have successfully called back before, but only recently have two or three merchants failed to call back every day. So it is speculated that it is the reason that shopify's webhook server cannot resolve our server domain name, could you tell us how to deal with it, thank you!

0 Likes