Third Party API permission on PayPal

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi guys can anybody help with this? I got my first sale and the customer paid via Paypal. However, Paypal informed me I had to complete the setup of Paypal Business in order to cash in the payment. When I try to go through the process they are asking for third party API username. Any idea on what to do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Hey, Giacomo!

Katy here from Shopify and thanks for reaching out today.

First of all congratulations on your first sale. ?  That is great to hear!

In order to receive this payment, or any credit card payments as a business when using Paypal, you will need to have a Paypal business account. For this reason Paypal is prompting you to complete this set up. 

Usually, you will need to grant API access to Shopify- this will then allow you to manually capture payments or issue refunds using PayPal.  Previously we did have a manual method which involved a username, however it is now more of an automated process, providing your business account is set up. ?

To help you with this, if you could log into your Shopify admin and go to settings> payments. From here if you can deactivate and reactivate the Paypal the gateway, this should then prompt you to the permissions screen, where you can grant this access. We have more info on this in our guide here along with solutions to some common issues also. 

Hope this helps you out, feel free to let me know! 

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Shopify | support@shopify.com

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Kate, thanks for your reply. I did as you recommended. After I deactivated Paypal gateway when I was about to re-activate there were few options with some notes into ( ):
- Paypal Express Checkout (Available in Italy)
- Paypal payments Pro (US)
- Paypal website payments Pro (CA)

- Paypal website payments Pro (UK)

Which one should I select? The order was done from Peru.
Thanks for your help.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Apolgies for the delay, Giacomo!

The gateway that you select would usually correspond with your own Paypal account and your own location. It does not need to be based on where the customer placed the order from.

Paypal Express is an external gateway, while the others listed are direct gateways. We have a little more information on the differences in our guide here

Hope this helps, and happy selling!

Katy ?

Katy | Shopify 

1 Like
Highlighted
6 0 0

"grant permissions" page has stopped popping up for me from past 2 days. PLEASE HELP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Hi, Nirbhay!

Apologies for the delay in reaching you on this thread!

How are things going for you now? Have you been able to deactivate and reactivate the PayPal gateway as mentioned in the above messages? 

This guide here goes through the steps.

However, just to note that if your account has already been set up, then you won't see this permissions page pop up. This may be what is happening for you here.

Though do let me know if you are receiving your orders through via this gateway, or if you need a hand at all. You can always contact our support team directly too - we are available 24/7.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I am having similar challenges.

Previously, I had no issues when I was using a Canadian PayPal account. What I want to do was to deactivate my Canadian PayPal account and use Japanese PayPal account. That's when I started to have trouble activating my PayPal account.

When I try to activate my Japanese PayPal account the same way, the process is not automatic, and it takes me back to the PayPal site and prompts me to complete the set-up process. It asks for "Third Party Permission Username." Could you please help me with the process?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Hi Coco,

Katy here once again. I'd like to apologise for the delay in my reply, however I was just wondering how you had got on on with this?

It's great that you have followed the steps -  deactivating and then reactivating PayPal on your store. Though, as mentioned, if your account had already been set up with your Shopify store, then you won't see this permissions page pop up again. 

What I would suggest to do here, (if you have not done so already) is to reach out to PayPal directly to help guide you in switching over your account. You can find their contact details located here and also here via Twitter too

I hope this helps,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

hello. I have a problem of this nature. I bought. the store is ready and it some time. worked and accepted even payments. on its system paypal. I opened my corporate account with paypal. tried to deactivate the old one. and activate. your corporate account, paypal. well, no luck. the store does not accept payments. and in the shop there. old account of the old owner. I did not change it and do not know how, tell me how to be in this situation? 2 weeks already drinking with this problem, I can't quite decide. I have requests Pai, PAL name of IP 3 faces in manual regime. I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

hi Katy 

I think you are the only one who will be able to help me, i SO tired now of looking for this reply!

I see  a activate PayPal express check out button on my store ( I'm in India ), go through the steps but no grant permission button opens for me too ( maybe like you said its already granted earlier but still I have no Paypal check out / button on my store 

( I do have a PayPal express business account and I can see a PayPal express section on my payment options page in shopify settings but there is no manage nor any deactivate button etc there either )

it ONLY has an activate button that takes me straight to my PayPal express dashboard where it says to follow the instructions ant then poof nothing happens !!

I have also dug through 100s of these mails and found these instructions that I did go though but again nothing happened

1. Navigate to the Give Third-Party API Permission Page

2. Enter scott_api1.jadedpixel.com as the API Partner Username.

3. Check all of the boxes: Direct Payment, Express Checkout, Reporting, and Backoffice APIs, Authorization and Settlement APIs, and click Submit.

not sure if I have done the next 2 but I think I have since it isn't allowing me any changes except to edit ( but I have no idea where) 

4. On the following screen click the Give Permission button.

5. Click the Edit button to edit the permissions and check ManagePendingTransactionStatus. Click Submit.

but i see no changes at all , no PayPal on my shop still 

honestly, I'm so tired why does this have to be so difficult?

you guys have so many people asking the same question on this one thing we are struggling with why not make it easier for us ?? 

i sincerely hope you will send me a simple answer to this issue that will make PayPal and its button show up on my stores asap 

thanking you in advance. PLEASE HELP!!

warm regards 

p

1 Like