Third party shipping rates not being called

Christobol
1 0 0

I've created a rate service for third party rates which is working properly, however when I create the custom app in my developer store the rate service is never called.  I've given it read and write permissions for the Orders and Shipping API.

Alternatively I also tried using webhooks and while it does call the service, it does not display the shipping rate in the cart.

Is there some sort of error log that I can access to troubleshoot this or does anybody have any things to try to figure out why this isn't working properly?

0 Likes
_JCC_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 21 27

Hey @Christobol ,

Happy to help you out with this.

Is a Delivery Profile setup in the Shipping Settings of the Shopify admin that includes your app for rate retrieval? Delivery profiles not configured properly can result in no rates being presented despite receiving a request from Shopify and returning rates. When you mentioned the cart, are you using the Ajax API to get shipping rates or did you mean the checkout?

Assuming you believe the setup is correct DM me your development store with the date and time (UTC) of a request that didn't present any rates and I can have a further look at our logs.

Regards,

John 

John C | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes