This action requires merchant approval for read_inventory scope

Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi All,

I am trying to fetch the response of request "api/2020-04/inventory_levels.json". But I am getting response

{
    "errors""[API] This action requires merchant approval for read_inventory scope."
}

I know that by creating a private app and give access for required admin API permission. This goes for all methods actually but this method is totally dependent on merchant.I mean I cant keep on asking merchant to this for me all the time. Is there ant other way to get this thing done without making priavte app,without depending on merchant.

Thanks in advance for the help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
644 78 141

Hey @viveksolanki,

If you need access to a particular resource, the merchant will always need to approve this. If you don't want to use a private app, you can use a custom or public app instead. Both public and custom apps use Oauth, so the merchant approves during initial install. If you need access to additional scopes after an Oauth install, you can redirect merchants back to the Oauth screen to approve any extra scopes. 

Custom apps are apps that can be embedded in the Shopify admin, they're only meant to be installed on 1 store and aren't subject to review by Shopify.

Public apps can be installed on multiple stores, with the option to list the app in the Shopify App Store. Public apps are subject to review before they can be installed.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes