Tracking Add to Cart Click when using the Storefront API:

Selecto
Visitor
3 0 0

My question is related to tracking events when using the Storefront API:
As I've implemented it, everything before the actual checkout (such as adding to cart) is on our website, while we only use Shopify for the checkout process. In the Analytics/Dashboard section, under "Conversion Funnel", I can see that the events for the "Reached checkout" and "Sessions converted" are happening, but the "Add to Cart" event doesn't seem to be triggering. 
I think the reason for this is because I am using the Storefront API to add to the cart, and the other two events are happening on the Shopify site itself. Does anyone know of a way to register the Add To Cart event from the Storefront API? Or perhaps if you think the reason for this issue is different, it would be great to get your feedback.Thank you!

Reply 1 (1)

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

Hey @Selecto,

The area you're referring to only tracks events that happen on pages served by Shopify. I'm assuming you're directing customers to the webURL which is why you're seeing events for "Reached Checkout" and "Sessions Converted", but data for "Add to Cart" will only populate when Shopify's online store is used.

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog