Transfer API

Alessandro_Gall
2 0 4

Hi all,
for the development of our service we need to know whether or not new product stock is arriving. I found the endpoint

/admin/transfers.json

which works well in browser, while a Shopify User is logged in. However, through the Python APIs interface (using the OAuth token) I can't reach it, unless I implement very dirty and unelegant workarounds.

I read a few quite old topics concerning a request for the Transfer API to be available.
I believe that this feature, which is pretty good, deserves to be included in the official ones.

Otherwise, is there any other solution (or workaround) to get such data?

Thank you

Kasimir
Shopify Partner
385 0 63

Hello,

No support for transfers is available for now.

You might want to shoot the shopify developer support for details if one is in the pipeline. 

Kasimir

"Good design is good business"
0 Likes
ClementG
Shopify Partner
659 0 128

We also have regular customer queries that cannot be fulfilled because this API is not exposed.

0 Likes
Alessandro_Gall
2 0 4

Thank you Kasimir and Clement.

Clement, have you ever found a wordaround?

I can imagine only non-automated solutions.

0 Likes
ClementG
Shopify Partner
659 0 128

I never really looked for one as it sounds like a recipe for disaster!

0 Likes
MarcoM
Excursionist
16 0 12

We (like many others...) REALLY need access to the API access to the transfers to get the incoming quantities of each product.
There are may open Forums for years about this issue but no satisfactory replies from Shopify!
Regretfully there are not even apps to work around this matter...
Even worse, the Transfers cannot even be properly printed to be used as Purchase Orders to suppliers.
Any plan to re-open the tranfers API or to implement an export feature within the shopify admin?
That would be optimal and acceptable option for most.
Thank you!

0 Likes
Calvin7
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

We also would LOVE to have this endpoint exposed to private applications at the very least. 

Several merchants have been asking for this... for YEARS... with no reply from Shopify.

Please open the transfers api.

Rob_Weidner
Shopify Partner
19 0 6

Also really need either this endpoint, or a webhook at least for Transfers...

0 Likes
den232
Explorer
47 0 7

Alessandro,  the critical cookie for that address to work is called _secure_admin_session_id ... it gets set and is good for 3 months when your browser logs into your admin page.  

So, since it's been almost 4 years ... have you heard anything that will work?

Thanks jb

0 Likes
den232
Explorer
47 0 7

Hi again.

Since I'm new to this issue and just to confirm that I'm not missing something, I reached out to developers of a high-ranking app, Excelify, who have an app that exports and imports "everything" about your shop, orders, inventory, etc., to see if their app was able to access this "transfers" or incoming purchase orders information.   For the record, I received the following reply:

Renars here from Excelify.

At the moment, Shopify API does not allow apps to access and see this data, so we are not able to export it.

I have added your contact details for this feature in our Customer Needs list so that once Shopify allows this and we have it developed, we can let you know.

So, it's "not just me".  Cheers jb

0 Likes