Transfer event not triggering inventory_levels/update webhook

Gist
Tourist
6 0 4

In attempting to keep track of incoming inventory, I registered the below topics, however, upon creating a transfer, no webhook is triggered. The values of the InventoryLevel incoming property does in fact get updated when the transfer is completed in Shopify, so it would be great to get a notification of this.

inventory_levels/connect

inventory_levels/disconnect

inventory_levels/update

inventory_items/create

inventory_items/update

I can confirm that the webhooks are registered, and all other actions are successfully triggering webhooks.

Would anyone happen to know what event topic to use in order to keep track of incoming inventory on a per variant basis, or if this is not possible?

Replies 4 (4)

den232
Shopify Partner
180 8 49

Hi Gist.   Have you had any progress/ideas on this?  I find myself in the same pickle.   Thanks jb

Gist
Tourist
6 0 4
Unfortunately, nothing as of yet, as the conclusion seems to be that there is no web hook solution here.

I’m sure you already know, but a partial workaround is to use the product update web hook, and gather the inventory items from this data, however, this is still not triggered when inventory level is updated.
den232
Shopify Partner
180 8 49

Have you heard of any way to access active transfers' data (an API)?

den232
Shopify Partner
180 8 49

Hi again.

Since I'm new to this issue and just to confirm that I'm not missing something, I reached out to developers of a high-ranking app, Excelify, who have an app that exports and imports "everything" about your shop, orders, inventory, etc., to see if their app was able to access this "transfers" or incoming purchase orders information.   For the record, I received the following reply:

Renars here from Excelify.

At the moment, Shopify API does not allow apps to access and see this data, so we are not able to export it.

I have added your contact details for this feature in our Customer Needs list so that once Shopify allows this and we have it developed, we can let you know.

So, it's "not just me".  Cheers jb