Transfers: Undocumented API Endpoints

Mat_Brummitt
Shopify Partner
42 1 13

Hi there,

one of the stores using our app, Order Deadline, has requested a feature that would involve making an API call to retrieve any pending transfers that include specific product/variant IDs.

There are no documented endpoints for Transfers.  However, when looking for information I found an old forum post that mentioned an endpoint for getting ALL transfers:

https://<your-store-domain>/admin/transfers.json

The problem is, this endpoint returns all transfers of all statuses (including completed and archived transfers).  This is impratical because the amount of data would be vast on a large store that's been around any length of time.

Does anyone know of an endpoint that allows us to specify product IDs, so that only relevant (and pending) transfers are returned?

Due to the type of app, this data needs to be live and up to date.  Potentially I could run a cron job that fetches all transfers and weeds out any non-pending ones, storing a list of product IDs and their expected arrival dates.  However, this would mean there's potential for data to be missing or wrong in the interval between cron jobs, which is less than ideal.

I eagerly await advice from the community and/or Shopify.

Thanks

Mat

Fabián_Valencia
4 0 0

Transfers API isn't even in BETA, hope this update won't take long.

0 Likes
RADEK_WESOLOWSK
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

I don't see it in API docs, request results in 404. Is there any progress on this?

MarcoM
Excursionist
16 0 12

Any progress on this?

0 Likes
RADEK_WESOLOWSK
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

on this..  on this.. on this..   (echo)

Calvin7
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

Any updates on this? Just another developer here looking to use the data stored in this endpoint... 

RosalieL
Shopify Partner
11 0 49

And me...

0 Likes
den232
Explorer
49 0 12

OK, so I'm new to this conversation, which sounds unfortunately like a one-way thing.   I need just what everyone else needs: incoming date and qty for inventory items.   Is there a better way to ask than just whining?

Thanks jb

0 Likes
den232
Explorer
49 0 12

Hi again.

Since I'm new to this issue and just to confirm that I'm not missing something, I reached out to developers of a high-ranking app, Excelify, who have an app that exports and imports "everything" about your shop, orders, inventory, etc., to see if their app was able to access this "transfers" or incoming purchase orders information.   For the record, I received the following reply:

Renars here from Excelify.

At the moment, Shopify API does not allow apps to access and see this data, so we are not able to export it.

I have added your contact details for this feature in our Customer Needs list so that once Shopify allows this and we have it developed, we can let you know.

So, it's "not just me".  Cheers jb

0 Likes