Transfers.json

Andy_Redfern
1 0 0

There is excellent undocumented endpoint transfers.json. This has been working for the last 6 months without issue. In the last few days it has had its access restricted so that it can no longer be reached through a standard API call.

Another developer has advised that access is being lifted on a per account basis:

https://twitter.com/kingletas/status/879787116443693056

Contacted support and got nowhere. Anyone any ideas?

Andy

0 Likes
Alex
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 298

Hey Andy,

We have halted access to the transfers endpoint until we can get it into a state that is stable and up to standard, we don't want developers building apps around an unstable endpoint before it's ready.

Cheers.

0 Likes
yinyeelai
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

Hi Alex,

Where/what will be the best resource to be updated on the transfers endpoint status? I am interested in developing an app using it :)

Thanks!

0 Likes
Brandon5
3 0 0

What about just triggering a webhook for products/update when a transfers, you know, update the product?

Seems like a decent 80/20 - not having to support the full future of the Transfers API but be able to alert apps to subscribe to the webhook to stay up to date

0 Likes
ben19
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

it is a problematic limitation when you want to fully integrate shopify with other advanced systems; all others endpoints are available, it's hard to understand why this one is blocked

Still no updates about it ?

The answer of it not being standardized sounds a bit weird, while when provided via an api, data is mainly about being manipulated by the developper to be adjusted to the target standard

0 Likes
Calvin7
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

This one is also causing us issues. Would love to have this re-opened sooner than later. We have hit a wall trying to integrate incoming shipping times and this would solve many issues for ourselves and seemingly many others.

0 Likes
den232
Explorer
47 0 7

Hey Alex,  It's been 4 years ... when will it be "ready"?  Thanks!  jb

den232
Explorer
47 0 7

Hi again.

Since I'm new to this issue and just to confirm that I'm not missing something, I reached out to developers of a high-ranking app, Excelify, who have an app that exports and imports "everything" about your shop, orders, inventory, etc., to see if their app was able to access this "transfers" or incoming purchase orders information.   For the record, I received the following reply:

Renars here from Excelify.

At the moment, Shopify API does not allow apps to access and see this data, so we are not able to export it.

I have added your contact details for this feature in our Customer Needs list so that once Shopify allows this and we have it developed, we can let you know.

So, it's "not just me".  Cheers jb

Renars
Shopify Partner
107 17 104

Hey @den232 

Renars here from Excelify.

For the record, will reply here with the same message as to your other message on a different topic.

Just to double-confirm, was just digging through the Shopify API documentation, and indeed still currently there is no API Call that apps could make to get or create Inventory Transfer data.
But we do know that Shopify is active in the community here, and hopefully, as more people need it, it will get developed.

Matrixify | Bulk Import Export Update | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://matrixify.app
den232
Explorer
47 0 7

Thanks @Renars ... It occurred to me (afterwards, of course) that I should perhaps have asked your permission before quoting you here.  oops.   Happy you don't sound disturbed ... and thanks for the inputs.  I did some multiple posting of your info, as there were several threads involving transfer API.   Cheers jb

0 Likes