Trouble with Shopify CLI: API responding with old version of my local server

itsjustme
Tourist
4 1 1

Hello there!

I'm having trouble using the Shopify CLI. I'm using Node.js/Koa for my backend. I've setup a webhook to listen for checkout update events, but my test shop is not reflecting any changes I make to the server.js file. It was working fine about 24 hours ago, but now the shop only responds with an old version of the server.js file (old console logs, no new logic). Another issue that might be related is the webhook does no longer fires unless I delete the browser cookie first. Very annoying.

Here's what I've tried so far: uninstalling & reinstalling my app, restarting my machine, updating the ngrok tunnel address, making sure to use the latest ngrok address in the app, changing the server.js file name, trying different browsers, restarting the server at various times, and checking timestamps on the webhooks to make sure they have been deleted & recreated on install.

I'm not sure what else to do. Some how the shop or API is remembering & responding with an old version of the localhost / server.js file, and I can't get around that. I did just upgrade the Shopify CLI from 1.4.1 to 1.5.0, but I was having the issue with webhooks not firing (unless I delete the browser cookie) before the update.

Anything will help! Thanks

0 Likes