Unable To Create "DISPUTES_CREATE" or "DISPUTES_UPDATE" Webhook Subscription

kstephens
Tourist
9 0 3

We need to be able to listen to dispute notifications for shops that install our app. I am receiving the following error when trying to create a webhook subscription for both DISPUTES_CREATE and DISPUTES_UPDATE:

Internal error. Looks like something went wrong on our end. Request ID: 7a4bc2d0-62b3-464d-bb9d-ba223a2d894d (include this in support requests).

We are using the GraphQL Admin API. The odd part is that we are able to successfully create webhook subscriptions for other topics just fine which means it is not an issue in our code.

We are using the following scopes: 

read_shopify_payments_disputes,write_script_tags,write_customers,write_orders

Here is a request ID for a failed DISPUTES_CREATE request:

84d06a6e-d521-4b00-b060-ad9d949bdd80

Here is a request ID for a failed DISPUTES_UPDATE request:

7a4bc2d0-62b3-464d-bb9d-ba223a2d894d

Thanks ahead of time for any help anyone can provide!

Replies 6 (6)

mikedasilva
Shopify Staff (Retired)
61 7 12

Hi @kstephens ,

I inquired about those topics and it looks like they aren't generally available quite yet. If you noticed any docs stating otherwise please direct me to them so I can inquire about that as well.

Cheers,

Mike

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

kstephens
Tourist
9 0 3

Hey Mike,

Alright, thanks for letting me know!

I thought they were available based on the GraphQL Admin API Subscription Topic page which shows them as acceptable values. 

Alex-K
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, @mikedasilva! Got a similar problem as @kstephens.

I can see the Dispute Events described in docs, and I've even successfully subscribed for those from my application, but I can't find an option to create a test webhook for them in the shop settings interface. Could you please tell me how can I test it?

Thanks in advance 🙂

adolfo_roka
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

@mikedasilva 

Following the documentation at https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/events/webhook#create-2021-01  

it says that sending topic: "disputes/create" should work but returns error: 

{"errors":{"topic":["Invalid topic specified: disputes\/create. Does it exist? Is there a missing access scope? Topics allowed: app\/uninstalled, carts\/create, carts\/update, checkouts\/create, checkouts\/delete, checkouts\/update, collections\/create, collections\/delete, collections\/update, customer_groups\/create, customer_groups\/delete, customer_groups\/update, customers\/create, customers\/delete, customers\/disable, customers\/enable, customers\/update, fulfillment_events\/create, fulfillment_events\/delete, fulfillments\/create, fulfillments\/update, order_transactions\/create, orders\/cancelled, orders\/create, orders\/delete, orders\/edited, orders\/fulfilled, orders\/paid, orders\/partially_fulfilled, orders\/updated, products\/create, products\/delete, products\/update, refunds\/create, shop\/update, themes\/create, themes\/delete, themes\/publish, themes\/update, inventory_levels\/connect, inventory_levels\/update, inventory_levels\/disconnect, inventory_items\/create, inventory_items\/update, inventory_items\/delete, locations\/create, locations\/update, locations\/delete, tender_transactions\/create, app_purchases_one_time\/update, app_subscriptions\/update, domains\/create, domains\/update, domains\/destroy, profiles\/create, profiles\/update, profiles\/delete\n"]}}

mikedasilva
Shopify Staff (Retired)
61 7 12

Hi @adolfo_roka,

Do you have the access scope "read_shopify_payments_disputes" enabled?

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

adolfo_roka
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I didn't. That was the issue. Thank you so much!