Unable to install any Apps or Run Apps Suddenly

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Hi - all my apps when run or installing display "It Works" in the browser. I am using Ngrok for tunnelling to local host. 

Everything was working fine when I checked about a month ago. Now all my 4 apps behave the same way when running or installing on various stores. 

Thanks for any help with this, 

Frank

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
587 71 128

Hey @Frankie90210,

Can you clarify the issue you're currently seeing? Are your apps no longer loading on stores where they're installed?

Unless you have a paid NGROK account, the NGROK URL will change every time you use it, so be sure to check the app in your partner dashboard and make sure the correct URL is being used.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Thanks for reviewing @_JB 

Indeed my apps are no longer installing to stores they were installed. each time I try to install, I get navigated to browser window with text "It Works". If I run an app that is still installed I get same result. I have free account with NGROK, however I keep changing the URL if cancel the session, infact, I do indeed get the telling me Tunnelling is not set up if I don't. Could be something to do with NGROK maybe, however it worked find until recently. 

Very strange all together. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

@_JB oh, one thing I have noticed, when look at terminal tab for Ngrok, I do get the following, so maybe it is something to do with ngrok

HTTP Requests                                                                                                                          

-------------                                                                                                                          

GET /favicon.ico               404 Not Found                                                                                           

GET /                          200 OK     

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Success, I found the issue, I had started ngrok on the wrong port (80)! silly me, once I changed to start at the correct port (3000) all worked like before.

0 Likes