Unable to update Inventory Levels

William11
2 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to update the inventory levels of items in my sole location and i keep getting a 404 error when trying to make a post request. I can see in the api documentation that if you get a 404 error message that it means the location is non-existent. But i have been able to make a get request to get all locations and i can see the location. I can also make a get request to get all items at the location and i get a list of items at the location. I can also narrow it down to a specific item and can confirm that it is in the store. But when I try and set or adjust the items inventory level at that location it just fails. 

I saw another post where they said to make a second location. Tried that and still got the same errors. Is there any known solutions?

0 Likes
Alex
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 306

Are you making an inventory_levels request by inventory_item_id before you try and update the request to be asolutely certain you're using the correct location_id? If so, please provide an x-request-id I can reference. These are provided in response headers to API requests.

Cheers.

0 Likes
reinchang
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm facing the same problems: the location id and the inventory item id are correct, but I always get the 404 error.

The request id is "5536b1ce-a990-4380-82a8-3c6af4319617"

Could you help?

0 Likes
MarkAllspoke
1 0 0

I have been trying to resolve this for some time now with no luck at all. I managed to get around this by just setting the level without location but now you are removing the ability to do this.

I am desperate for a resolution here now. Where can I go to get this resolved?

POST is 

{"location_id":43141169291              ,"inventory_item_id":6552742559883                                          ,"available":11}

Url = "https://allspokedev.myshopify.com/admin/api/2021-01/inventory_levels/set.json"

0 Likes