Undocumented new Fulfillment creation API

Highlighted
3 0 0

We (at Byrd Technologies) are in the middle of implementing the new changes to Shopify APIs announced at Unite 2019.

It hasn't been an easy task, considering we rely on the Python API library, which hadn't been updated for the new changes. Hence we decided to extend the library ourselves, in order to add support for the missing features.

Unfortunately we recently hit a blocker regarding the new Fulfillment endpoints mentioned here: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/versioning/release-notes/2020-01#graphql-admin-api

We couldn't find any further documentation or examples that would explain the usage of these endpoints.

Especially the POST /admin/api/2020-01/fulfillments.json is the most crucial one.

We've tried to probe the API to figure out the data structure but we hit server errors and decided to stop.

We would be really glad if Shopify team could document these new endpoints or at least provided some usage examples.

Regards,

Michal @ Byrd

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 70 127

Hey @byrd,

The new fulfillment endpoints you see in the 2020-01 release notes refer to the FulfillmentOrder resource which is new as of this API version.

The best resource to become familiar with FulfillmentOrders is this guide which introduces the concept and provides usage examples: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/managing-fulfillments-with-fulfillmentorders

You can also find all the documentation regarding this resource and additional usage examples in the FulfillmentOrder API reference here: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/shipping-and-fulfillment/fulfillmentorder?api[version]=202...

Keep in mind that fulfillmentOrders is a new resource separate from the current behaviour on the fulfillments.json endpoint, and right now there's no plans to depreciate any of the current fulfillment behaviour in the 2020-01 API version. You can choose to implement the upcoming changes for FulfillmentOrders before the new version is released, but if you don't the current fulfillment behaviour will continue to work as it does now in the 2020-01 API version.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi _JB

I'm sorry but you seem to have missed the most important point of my post.

We are fully aware of FulfillmentOrder APIs -- We've read the documentation multiple times and follow the (albeit slow) development of the Ruby client library.

I am talking here about the new Fulfillment endpoint, besides the new FulfillmentOrder endpoints (these we have covered already!).

Please pay attention to this announcement from Shopify: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/versioning/release-notes/2020-01

In Fulfillment orders -> Fulfillments there's:

Added a new route POST /admin/api/2020-01/fulfillments.json to create a fulfillment for one or many fulfillment orders.

Screenshot_20191218_101314.png

And also two more important and helpful endpoints. These three are not documented anywhere else. There's no specification of parameters, nor the examples of usage. They're necessary for us to complete the work.

I repeat my original request to provide documentation and/or usage examples.

Regards,

Michal @ Byrd

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 70 127

Hey @byrd,

My apologies I overlooked the part you were referring to. It looks like the docs for this endpoint are indeed missing, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're getting those docs up right now, I'll post back here with a link once they're live.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi _JB.

Thank you for lightning fast response.

We're really glad Shopify is seeing the problem. Eagerly awaiting the documentation

Regards,

Michal @ Byrd

0 Likes