Uninstall webhooks are not firing

Yoon
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi,

It's been quite some time the uninstall webhooks are not firing and we need it to handle user uninstalls for our apps. Apparently our production server is not receiving any webhook at all, so we can't even conclude if there's any 500 error fired from our side, but it's working when ngrok was used in my local development environment. I tried using my own account to uninstall from our production app, but the server didn't receive any uninstall webhook. I have called the API from production server and checked my uninstall webhook is in tact in Shopify API. Tried firing the same uninstall URL from POSTMAN it's working though, which I can make assumption that the webhook didn't get fired at all from Shopify.

I need more input to debug the webhook whether it's the Shopify side of problem or our side. Thanks in advance. The app is Stock Sync (https://stock-sync.com).

0 Likes
Josh
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1131 82 191

Hey Yoon, 

Is there any chance you're aware of a shop that has uninstalled your app but didn't fire a webhook? It would help a lot in tracking down what may be happening here.

0 Likes
Yoon
Tourist
9 0 2

Like I said I've tried using my development store(wai-yan.myshopify.com) to test the uninstall webhook, and yes I'm aware as we have dozens of uninstalls but we never managed to get uninstall operations to proceed.

0 Likes
Josh
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1131 82 191

Hey again Yoon, 

I checked our logs for your development shop, and the webhooks are failing because we're unable to verify the SSL certificate at the address the webhook is sending to. We verify the SSL certificate when sending a webhook to an https:// address, so if you're using one intentionally I'd recommend checking on the status/validity of yours.

0 Likes
gautham
3 0 0

Hi Josh, 

I have registered for app/uninstalled webhook in our Yfret multichannel marketing assistant app. While all the other webhooks (order/create, theme/publish) fire almost immediately we have noted a considerable delay in app/uninstalled webhook up to 15 minutes. Is there a hard limit on the delay of the webhook?

Thanks.

0 Likes
sohimor
3 0 0

Can anyone confirm if the webhook fires for development stores?

0 Likes