Unknown API access scope write_publications

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi!

Documentation for publishablePublish mutation states that I need write_publications access scope.

Documentation page for all available API scopes (here) doesn't know anything about that scope.

If I try to request that scope during initial application install I'm getting the error: "Oauth error missing_shopify_permission: write_publications, read_publications"

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
56 4 28

Hey there!

from a similar thread: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Set-sales-channel-for-productCreate/m-p/540860#M35...

We do have the Publication object, but the required scope (read_publications/write_publications) is currently a protected scope that we are still building out a process for applying for. I'd recommend staying subscribed to our Developer Changelog for any updates to the availability of this object.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi, Alex!

Thanks for reply.

I've started to explore Publication object and publishablePublish mutation just to solve a problem. Initial problem is:

I need to attached freshly created with GraphQL product to the online store. And I can't find a way to do that.

When I create a product with REST API - product automatically attached to online store. But situation is different with GraphQL.

Please help me with that problem and I won't bother you with protected scopes :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
56 4 28

This is an accepted solution.

Hey!

For publishing only to the online store, I've found that you can get away but just using `published: true`.

This is currently marked as deprecated, but still works.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi, Alex!

I'm trying to avoid deprecated options. But if that's the only way for now, I'm in. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

How can we follow on this issue?

When the deprecation is going to happen, and when will the problem fix?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
56 4 28

Hey Eka!

Deprecations will be announced in the changelog, as well as the release notes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4270 32 435

This was over a year ago! And bit me this week.

All the Shopify docs of note tend to use DEPRECATED with all the old Publish attributes, and say to use PublishablePublish, which is still under lockdown?

How are we supposed to resolve this issue? Just use published: true? All this pain for that?

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

It's October 2020 and this still seems completely unresolved. Surely there must be a way to manage publication of products via private apps that is not to the online store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
57 0 13

still nobody from shopify to solve this?

0 Likes