Unleashed Integration Description Field

Solved
Jason953
2 1 0

Hi,

We use Unleashed inventory software in our business and I am using the Shopify integration in Unleashed to create a new Shopify selling platform.

I have set Unleashed as the Master as we maintain our data sets within Unleashed and the integration is quite straightforward however I have encountered a problem.

Unleashed has an Item Code field but only one Description field which is the field pulled across into Shopify as the Title field.

If I write additional description into the Description field within Shopify this is overwritten blank when data syncs from Unleashed. Is there a way to "write protect" the Description field within Shopify to stop this happening while maintaining Unleashed as the Master. If not, do you have an alternative fix? More generally does anyone know where I can get info. as to which fields are transferred from Unleashed to Shopify when the data syncs?

Also, I have added a few new products in Unleashed, ticked the box in the Manage Your Products tab within Unleashed for the Shopify Integration and saved. The new products have not transfered over to Shopify. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? how to get the two to sync again?

Thanks for any help offered.

0 Likes
CalD
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
91 8 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jason953,

Shopify doesn't have field-specific permissions where you'd prevent only Description from being overwritten, only read_products which gives an app access to read any fields for any products on the store, and write_products which gives an app access to create/change any fields for any products. I'd recommend reaching out to Unleashed support about whether that's a possibility.

CalD | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Jason953
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Callum,

Thank you for your help. I thought that this was likely but worth a try anyway. I will put forward as a suggestion to Unleashed.

0 Likes