Update Information from Payment Gateway via REST API

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I would like to refund orders from the Shopify Admin instead of having to log into Authorize.net to refund an order and update the Information from the Payment Gateway section of the order timeline.

Our orders are placed using a third-party and posted to Shopify using the Admin API. The third-party captures the payment via Authorize.net API and sends the transaction response back to Shopify using the Admin API. I would like to know if there is a way to include the response in the Information from the Payment Gateway section via the Admin API with the external Authorize.net API transaction data.

I found this thread (https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/shopify-cancelled-orders-where-credit-card-paymen...) that depicts the Information from the Payment Gateway section. However, it is not clear if it is possible or not. I've been combing through Shopify Documentation and seem to cannot find a clear answer. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
491 97 88

Hi @jtechnoir 

If you have created the order through the Order API, the order has not gone through Shopify and therefore can not be refunded in our system. When you create a refund you need to pass the parent ID which contains the information for the refund. If you were utilizing auth.net through the online store checkout, of course you could process this in the UI or similar 

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes