Update order status and tracking number by API

xpoitau
3 0 0

Hello,

We have some problem to update orders using the API, we want to update the order status and the tracking number.

The requests didn't send any error but there is no change in the backoffice.

You can find the request in the file enclosed

Could you help us ?

Thank you

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
143 15 24

Hey @xpoitau 

We ran through some tests for your call to update_tracking.json and found that when including quotation marks around your URL (as it's a string) I received a 200 OK

"url": "www.laposte.fr/outils/suivre-vos-envois?code=7V12345678"

If I didn't include the quotation marks, I would receive a 400 Bad Request. Let me know if it helps!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
xpoitau
3 0 0

You have right, but when you do that (add quotation marks) as you mentionned, the response is 200 OK, but nothing is good on back office : Like this call has no effect whatsoever.

0 Likes
xpoitau
3 0 0

An image worth a thousand words right so here we go : 

Capture d’écran de 2021-06-17 09-41-31.jpg

Her'es the postman we used with the payload (url with tokens has been obscured). You can see that the response is 200 OK, and data returned show that tracking number and others data for the order has been updated correctly and as EXPECTED.

So let's go to look at the order #676338 then to see what happened in back office : 

Capture d’écran de 2021-06-17 09-41-50.jpg

No information of tracking number is shown.

We have tested on another shop it's wokring, but on THIS specific shop it doesn't.

We really need help on this one.

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
143 15 24

Hey @xpoitau 

Thanks for the extra information. Agreed, it's strange the same call works on other stores but not this specific one. I think the best route from here considering this needs investigation, would be to get this to our Developer Support team. 

Please feel free to contact Partner Support via the link here. They'll be able to authorise you, and get this sent to the Developer Support team.

Please also be sure to include the Shop Name which is experiencing the issue, with the full request body, the expected results and the actual results,  along with an example request ID and we'll look right into it. Thanks!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes