Updating Shopify UI through API

3 0 0
Hello,

I’m just starting learning how to use the Shopify API to create an app. I’m using PHP and I succeeded getting a token to connect my app to my Shopify store.

I have one main question which should sound simple but can’t figure out if what I want to realize can be done in PHP or not.

Is it possible to edit UI from the Shopify API using a language like PHP, which is a server-side one?

I mean, if I want my app to show a popup on the person’s shop, am I required to use Node.JS / React for that?

Thanks,
Axel
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
8 1 1

Hi Axel,

Great question. There is no requirement of Node and React for your app. For actions like showing a popup you can use App Bridge modal action in vanilla JS, no matter what your backend language is. The library has no dependencies and there are instructions here for using it directly from a CDN if you don't want to use the node package: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/embedded-apps/app-bridge/getting-started#set-up-shopify-app-bridge-i...

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for your fast and helpful reply. 

How can I "connect" my PHP code and this Vanilla code. I mean, should I pass the token I get from the server in PHP to the App Bridge?

0 Likes