Uploading documents to add to shopping cart - calling exp techies please!

3 0 0

Hi Everyone,

I'm learning code and think I may have hit deep water and need some help.

I run an editing service which is due to go live very shortly (helpmycv.co.uk).  I've managed to add an 'upload document' to appear on the product page but need the customer's cv to be sent to my e-mail address...

Any recommendations on where I could start with this? Thankfully, I like reading and am willing to put in some hours...

Thank you in advance,

Han

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
591 0 45

You will need to build a really basic API client that will handle order creation webhooks. You can create a simple webhook from the admin, and when the order is created look for through the line items for that property that you set. It will include a URL to the asset that you can simply email to yourself using a service such as Mailgun.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Chris - thank you for the advice.  

It sounds a little outside of my current capability so will need to do a lot of homework.  You work for Shopify so is this a service that you could also offer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
591 0 45

You can get new order notifications, so you could always just look at the order and download it from your admin. That doesn't require any development whatsoever, it's just some more clicks.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks Chris - I think this will be the best option for me.  I've had lots of different advice but if I can pick up the document via the new order notification then this will be by far the easiest option.  

Just need a customer now! :)

0 Likes