Urgent: Are you experiencing issues with PUT/POST Product API right now?

Solved
Jason27
Shopify Partner
78 1 25

The issue started a few hours ago for all my apps. Feels like the Shopify Rest Api is partly broken down. My apps process tens of thousands of products a day and is on autopilot for months. But this issue just started today when updating Products and it's not returning any error Status Code...?!

It seems to be related to product photos..

MikeDe
Tourist
5 0 2

Same here, the issue started occurring at 8 AM UTC. Can't figure out what is causing it.

It is not related just to Products endpoint, the SubscriptionContracts and SellingPlanGroups are also affected.

Jason27
Shopify Partner
78 1 25

Shopify App Team must be heading back to the office within the next hour or so. Try to get a hold of them! I've had to put all my apps into repair mode until this issue is solved. This is a Code Red situation.

0 Likes
MikeDe
Tourist
5 0 2

For us, the issue happens with GraphQL requests larger than 1.3 MB. It seems as if nothing is returned from Shopify when this happens, as we experience a timeout and if we increase the timeout, we get this error (from curl):

OpenSSL SSL_read: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, errno 104

But the issue could be something completely else.

The interesting thing is that GraphQL requests with payloads smaller than 1.3 MB are processed without any issues.

Please let me know if you figure out what the solution is.

0 Likes
Eric_Boisjoli
Shopify Partner
10 0 4

Are you hosting in GCP Northamerica?

0 Likes
Jason27
Shopify Partner
78 1 25

GCP = Google Cloud?

I'm using google cloud as an image server, and it seems to be working ok. The issue I'm facing seems to be using PUT on Product Image endpoing using the ATTACHMENT property (base64 encoding). Can anyone else test this?

0 Likes
policenauts
Trailblazer
185 9 43

I got one internal server error 500 error on an API request this morning when trying to delete a product, but otherwise my REST / GraphQL Product API requests have been processing without issue. I am using Google Cloud Functions, us-central1. 

0 Likes
kyle_truong
Shopify Partner
31 5 7

Been getting it since the morning too, none of my requests in production to Shopify are working:

request to https://<mydomain>/admin/api/2021-07/graphql.json failed, reason: socket hang up","error":{"message":"request to https://<mydomain>/admin/api/2021-07/graphql.json failed, reason: socket hang up","type":"system","errno":"ECONNRESET","code":"ECONNRESET"}

MikeDe
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you Kyle, good to know that we are not alone in this issue.

We are hosting in Canada, and all of our GraphQL queries are failing similarily as Kyle's. It seems that the GraphQL endpoint resets the connection without returning any response.
The interesting thing is that the Query goes through if we reduce the payload (the query itself) to be less than 1.3 kB.

0 Likes
Jason27
Shopify Partner
78 1 25

I think you're on to something with the 1.3KB limit idea. I'm using the Attachment property and pasting a ton of base64 chars, surely much larger than 1.3KB.

Anybody else with this issue??

0 Likes