Usage charges during trial

Tourist
4 0 1

Hey all,

I have a recurring + usage charges setup for my app. Each new user gets 14-day free trial. During that period I can send usage charges, they are accepted by shopify api. Will my users pay for all of them and a trial is only about a recurring charge? Or all usage charges during a trial will not appear in users invoices?

Thanks!

1 Like
2 0 0

any info about this?  if you create usage charges during free trial, are merchants responsible for them?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
46 3 10

UIAvenue Technology Inc:  
So when i make this update to the app to give the users a 2 month free trial, it will still continue to create usage charges for the user during that free trial period.

UIAvenue Technology Inc:  
My question is are those usage charges ignored during the 2 month free trial, or do I have to calculate the trial period and decide whether to issue usage charges on my own?

Joanna G:  
I'm not 100% sure with that application

Joanna G:  
But since there is a 2 month free trial

Joanna G:  
The usage wont charge during the trial period

UIAvenue Technology Inc:  
If I understand, as long as they are in a trial period, there can't be any additional charges such as Usage Charges?

Joanna G:  
Right!

Summary:

It appears the additional usage charges will not be charged as long as the recurring application charge is in trial phase.

ui-gab
Vancouver, BC Canada
https://www.uiavenue.ca
uiavenue.help@gmail.com
We specialize in Shopify App Development. If you need help just reach out.
0 Likes