Using API to Append Order Timeline/Notes Section

Solved
2 0 0

Hello, We looking for a way to externally insert data into the timeline of an order. Within the data structure, this [timeline] data is stored in the Note section. Basically, we want to be able to append this Note section. How we envision this working is that we would use a password protected data entry form embedded in our company website for data entry.  Once entered, the data would be imported into Shopify. It would appear that the only way to achieve this is by employing one the many APIs available for development. This is where we are hoping someone can advise us. That being said, has anyone tried this before or has knowledge that could help point us in the right direction? Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
1843 170 537

Writing events to the timeline via API isn't possible AFAIK and you can read up more here on this thread (people waited long enough to be able to sort of read the timeline via API).

Unfortunate but it is what it is.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
1 Like
2 0 0

Thank you Karl! This has been extremely helpful, especially with respect to the thread you cited. On this thread, Johan_Land offered up 2 workarounds (June 2018). My developer and I will start looking into the feasibility of each.  Thank you once again.

0 Likes