Using Carrier Service API with Fulfillment Service API

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm noticing some strange behavior when using Carrier Service API together with Fulfillment Service API. Maybe I'm missing something here so any help would be appreciated.

1.  I have registered Carrier Service and Fulfillment Service.
  2. I have set (in Admin panel) Fulfillment Service to be responsible for the particular product.
  3. I have created (in Admin panel) Shipping Profile and set same Fulfillment Service and Carrier Service to be responsible for the selected zone.

I'm receiving data from Shopify in both services, it is all good there.

Problem that I'm facing is that, in this setup:

1.  When customer chose to buy same product, my Carrier Service is receiving Location from the priority list (as location from where shipping should be delivered) instead of Location that is linked to my Fulfillment Service.
  2. Even if I received Location resource linked to my Fulfillment Service, this Location have empty fields since it is created automatically during Fulfillment Service creation, and there is no way to make PUT request on Location resource so that I can update it with the real location address information.

To put it simply - I'm unable to calculate shipping rates since I don't have correct location from where shipping should occur. 
Is there any way to update Location resource linked to my Fulfillment Service and set Shopify to send same location to my Carrier Service?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes