Using Fulfilment Service. Pending fulfilment is not being created

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello,

I am testing flow with Fulfilment Service.

I have created fulfilment service.

I have created product. Set inventory managed by that fulfilment service.

I create paid order with that product.

I do an API call to get fulfilments of that orders. However response is empty array. I'm expecting to see a record with status pending.

Example order id: 2018809774216

GET admin/api/2020-01/orders/2018809774216/fulfillments.json

{
    "fulfillments": []
}

Thanks for any input

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
587 72 130

Hey @mkilius,

When an order has been created with an item managed by your FulfillmentService, the merchant has to request fulfillment of that order before you can action it. Orders fulfilled by a fulfillmentService will show this button in the admin:

20-03-jd6ub-olc4y

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi @_JB ,

Thanks for information. However that opens another question. How does one request fulfilment through API? I can't expect store manager to keep clicking on these orders. 

Thank you for any info

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
587 72 130

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @mkilius,

I was actually partially mistaken here, sorry about that. So the fulfillment request button is one option, depending on the merchant's workflow they may prefer to manually request fulfillment rather than have everything sent out automatically.

However you can also open a fulfillment yourself, by simply creating a new fulfillment with "status": "open". When a fulfillment is created with an open status, it will show "pending fulfillment" in the admin. Once the order is shipped, you can update the fulfillment with tracking info, and change the status to complete which will indicate the order has been shipped

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Thank you. That worked

0 Likes