Webdhooks Dosnt work

Carlosmorell
1 0 0

Hi, good morning,

i developed an app for web, who manage all the orders of my shopify store. With my app i can do amazing thing, but some times have a big problem, because is something wrong in the conection between webhooks and my web app, Php & Mysql based... In the last 2 months i found 30 orders who never arrive to my app. But i dont find any mistake in my code... everything works nice... is something between Shopify and my app... do u know if exist any help or info to fix this problem? O do a live recovery of the data who never arrive? I use JASON webhooks

0 Likes
JoshHighland
Shopify Expert
59 0 19

My suggestion, use a queuing service like AWS to catch the webhooks, then have a worker read from the queue. Ive handled millions of webhook calls this way with consistency.

0 Likes
mikedasilva
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
25 2 2

Hi @Carlosmorell ,

As @JoshHighland mentioned, you can use a service like AWS to help you scale. We support an easy integration with EventBridge for exactly this purpose! Here are the details https://shopify.dev/tutorials/manage-webhook-events-with-eventbridge

If you find yourself actually missing specific webhooks that you know you should have received, please let us know so we can further investigate.

Cheers,

Mike

mikedasilva | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
andyfreeborn
1 0 0

If I want to only do a webhook registration with EventBridge, what do I need to specify in the App URL and Allowed Redirection URL? I've set up the EventBridge connector to AWS and set up the event bus, SNS topic, and rule in AWS. When I try to deploy this app (with this guide), I'm not able to get the app deployed to my dev store. What else do I need to do?

0 Likes