Webhook: : Get All Products in a Collect

Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi,

I want to know how i can retrieve information about Collects and all of its products included in that collect. As from Web-hook documentation i can only see topics regarding collections (add, update and delete). This only give me information about collections, not about products included in that collection.

Is there a way i can receive data via web-hooks, which tell me that a new product is added to a collection or it is removed from a collect. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1022 137 158

Hey @JustinKillian,

Webhooks will only alert you to an update. You'll need to do an additional call to get the product list. Similar question here.

1 Like
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi @scottydont,

Is there a possible way to know from which source product is updated by, like a specific field that let me know that user did some updates from Shopify or used any Third Party apps for editing of their products.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1022 137 158

Hey @JustinKillian,

Unfortunately there's nothing to identify that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I registered prouct/update webhook with last API version and it not notified about add/remove from collection. Can you confirm it's working solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

Same Issue here:

When adding/removing a product to a collection, the "collections/update" Webhook does NOT get triggered somehow...

Any ideas why?

Any solution?

This way I don't have a way to find out when particular collection was updated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
495 64 110

Hey @Mets,

The solution is to do a separate GET to /admin/api/2019-10/collects.json?collection_id={{collection_id}}  or /admin/api/2020-07/collections/{{collection_id}}.json after you receive the webhook to get the product list. 

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes