Webhook: : Get All Products in a Collect

Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi,

I want to know how i can retrieve information about Collects and all of its products included in that collect. As from Web-hook documentation i can only see topics regarding collections (add, update and delete). This only give me information about collections, not about products included in that collection.

Is there a way i can receive data via web-hooks, which tell me that a new product is added to a collection or it is removed from a collect. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1041 140 167

Hey @JustinKillian,

Webhooks will only alert you to an update. You'll need to do an additional call to get the product list. Similar question here.

Notice; Out of office, replies will be delayed until my return. Thanks!
1 Like
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi @SBD_,

Is there a possible way to know from which source product is updated by, like a specific field that let me know that user did some updates from Shopify or used any Third Party apps for editing of their products.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1041 140 167

Hey @JustinKillian,

Unfortunately there's nothing to identify that.

Notice; Out of office, replies will be delayed until my return. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I registered prouct/update webhook with last API version and it not notified about add/remove from collection. Can you confirm it's working solution?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

Same Issue here:

When adding/removing a product to a collection, the "collections/update" Webhook does NOT get triggered somehow...

Any ideas why?

Any solution?

This way I don't have a way to find out when particular collection was updated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
587 72 130

Hey @Mets,

The solution is to do a separate GET to /admin/api/2019-10/collects.json?collection_id={{collection_id}}  or /admin/api/2020-07/collections/{{collection_id}}.json after you receive the webhook to get the product list. 

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4188 29 410

This does not seem helpful.

I want to know WHEN a product has been added or removed from a collection.

Ok fine. So the webhook collections/update is useless for this, as it never fires on the addition or removal of a product. Sad. True. Now what?

Poll the collection we are interested in for it's collects, and if they are now different, take action. Are you serious? That is caveman computing.

Can anymore discuss how they have nicely dealt with this scenario? Anyone? All I am seeing is crickets chirping over the years, which is not encouraging. I encourage anyone to speak up and let us know! What am I missing here?

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4188 29 410

I love how this reply points to a thread where a Shopifier gave out incorrect advice, and while it was pointed out by many as incorrect, no one has as of yet made even a tiny effort to not only answer with correct advice, but to clean up this messy inter-thread fiasco.

So while many Shopifiers tell us in the community to use the forums, when we do, we can be surprised by the whole schebang:

• good advice, to the point
  • bad advice
  • incorrect advice
  • crickets chirping

Obviously hitting this first objective is ideal, and I am sure it happens often enough, but in the sensitive and technical API forums, watch out for the dreaded last three.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
539 38 110

@HunkyBill I read that referenced thread, and it seemed to be a prime example of the downside of the forums. 

1. User posts a question.
  2. A proposed solution is offered, which actually doesn't work when put into practice.
  3. The OP replies that the solution isn't working.
  4. Other users stumble upon the thread and chime in with similar struggles.
  5. *crickets*

Typically, a blind alley that's affecting more than a few clients should result in (depending on the nature of the situation) --- a) an eventual bug fix, b) a new feature request on the roadmap, c) feedback as to a viable workaround, that's not counter-intuitive against the standard framework.

One of the many aspects I admire in this API platform is that it's regularly maintained and updated. Rolling out a new API version every 3 months is a prime example of this. Too bad there isn't an area of the forums for client poll or something. Where upvoted requests are taken into account. We all know of a few gotchas that would be nice to put a stake into finally!    

0 Likes