Webhook automatically dissappearing from admin portal

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey everyone,

I'm using both order creation and cancellations webhooks to pull into our external web app. It works, and orders are coming through, however, the order creation endpoint that I've provided randomly disappears from the admin/settings/notifications portal. The cancellation enpoint is solid and has not disappeared.

It worked great for a few weeks, then disappeared. No one on our team deleted it.

I readded it, worked great for another week or so.

Then happened a third time yesterday (I noticed this morning and readded it)

Like I said, no one on our team is deleting it. Of this I'm certain.

I will note that, however, we do have two different enpoints for order creation, could this be the issue? Can shopify not handle the same webhook to two different enpoints? I removed the second url, as it was a previous testing endpoint for another app that's not needed anymore. I'm hoping this fixes it, but I'm not sure.

Any insight into this would be great.

Cheers

T

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
531 0 96

Hi,

If your web service is receiving webhooks from Shopify, it needs to respond to these webhooks with an HTTP status of 200 within five seconds. If no response, the webhook delivery is considered to have failed.

After ninteen failures on a single delivery attempt, the webhook subscription will be automatically destroyed.

Please see our guide on Using Webhooks for more information.

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks for that Jamie. I didn't see the nineteen failurs part.

I'll monitor and see what happens.

Appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is HTTP 201 also accepted or only 200?

0 Likes