Webhook failing & removed due to failing to return a successful response and i/o timeout.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I know that similar topics raised earlier but I didn't found any satisfied response and that's why I am here to know if someone fixed this issue already.

During research I come to know that I need to send response immediately from the webhook address link or webhook handling file so I have added this header "header('HTTP/1.0 200 OK');" but after few days received the same email about failing issue.

Information related to the issue:

- Configured webhook using the API

- Failing due to i/o timeout and failing to return a successful response.

- App developed using PHP.

Thanks.   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 3 5

I really need to better understand your question.

Are you trying to answer the web-hooks requests with a 200 code, right? well as far as i know, just an empty echo or such a thing give the web-hook a 200 code, unless there are errors on the page, obviously.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply.

Yes as I mentioned I have registered webhooks using API so during research I have found that we need to immediately send 200 OK header response to Shopify and then process your further code, I did the same but still no luck and after few days received failing email from Shopify.

Regarding empty echo etc so initially I have used echo "1"; but even after this I received failing issue and then I started research about this issue and found to send header 200 Ok and that will work fine.

Hope now I am clear with my requirement but please let me know if anything unclear from this end.

Regards

0 Likes