Webhook for product added / removed from collection

Bnaya_Livne
1 0 1

Hi,

We would like to get a webhook for every time a product is removed / added to a dynamic collection.

Is that possible? (We sohuld get that when a product is update or a collection is updated I guess).

Thanks,

Bnaya

Jamie_D_
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
531 1 101

Hey Bnaya,

There aren't currently any webhooks fired when a product is added or removed to a Smart Collection.

0 Likes
Ruslan_Starikov
Tourist
9 0 5

Hi Jamie, is this still the case? Is there a roadmap for creating this functionality?

Thanks!

Hi Shopify team, 

I also got trouble with this problem, are there any solution or roadmap for this one

Thanks.

0 Likes
phannigan
Shopify Partner
7 0 4

Hi Jamie - any updates here?

We have a client with 30K+ items in several of their SmartCollections.  We need to keep an up-to-date list of items in the collection (ie Collects). When we get a webhook that the SmartCollection has been updated, we are having to page through 30K+ Collects to find items that have been removed from the SmartCollection. This obviously takes a lot of time and API calls, so we'd love to implement a better solution.

What is the recommended way for finding out what Collects have been removed from a large SmartCollection over time?

Thanks

Patrick

Kris_Doyle
Shopify Partner
89 0 20

Hi All,

Just wanted to add that I would benefit greatly from a hook like this as well. Please :)

Cheers

0 Likes
danielpretorius
Shopify Partner
97 0 10

We would really like this as well!!!

0 Likes
growlytics
2 0 0

I don't know why this webhook is not being called. Some times webhook is triggered, sometime it doesn't. It's not reliable.

If product_update or collection_update webhook is not being called, at least collect webhook should be added in that case.

The way they have provided collect APIs for linking products to a collection.

I think webhook should be also available for changes on collects.

0 Likes
wb1
Shopify Partner
40 1 3

+1 for this feature request

0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4509 46 492

This has never been available, for many reasons. Imagine a smart collection. One change to the rules, and boom, 1000 products could be added or removed. So what do you do? Wait till that operation finishes inside Shopify, and then 1 minute later deliver a webhook saying the collection changed? And then another tweak to the same collection, and boom, 1000 products are added or removed, so you wait till that finishes, and then send off a webhook saying something changed? So it kind of makes some sense that firing off a webhook for this is iffy.

I get it for a manual collection. Someone drags a new product in, or removes an old one, wow, handy to know the collection just changed! But still, they don't service that. Supposedly in 2020 they were revamping the whole backend of how collections are formed, and the newer architecture, assuming there is one, would likely be more amenable to some kind of flag you could monitor to say hey, since the last time you checked, things changed here!

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes