Webhooks for a Full Paused store

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 37

Hi,

Our app has a store which has a plan_name paused and plan_display_name Full Pause. It generates a massive amount of webhooks including product/updates. We don't see this behavior on other paused stores. Is this expected behavior?

Additionally, we are unable to unsubscribe the webhooks for this store. It returns an error 402 (Payment Required). Although we ignore all of these webhooks, we want to decrease the load on our servers. What is the best way to solve this problem without saying customer to uninstall the app?

Thanks

Co-Founder / Developer at: merchbees
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Merchbees Inventory Value - Know your inventory value and quantity in real-time
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
Replies 7 (7)

mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

Hello,

The error 402 (Payment Required) is expected behaviour when attempting to unsubscribe for a paused shop. However, a paused shop (plan_name paused) shouldn't be sending out any webhooks, this is an issue that we're going to be looking into as soon as possible.

Thanks 

mrad | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 37

@mrad wrote:

Hello,

The error 402 (Payment Required) is expected behaviour when attempting to unsubscribe for a paused shop. However, a paused shop (plan_name paused) shouldn't be sending out any webhooks, this is an issue that we're going to be looking into as soon as possible.

Thanks 

Thanks @mrad ,

Let us know if you need additional details.

Thanks

Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

Hello, we're looking into this now, can you provide more info on what kind of webhooks are still being sent out. I know you mentioned product updates, are there others?

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 37

@mrad wrote:

Hello, we're looking into this now, can you provide more info on what kind of webhooks are still being sent out. I know you mentioned product updates, are there others?

Hello @mrad 

Please see the ones below that I can catch from the logs.

products/update
inventory_levels/update

Thanks

mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

Hey there, after researching this issue, sending out webhooks for products/updates, and other updates webhooks is expected behaviour since paused shops are still live and have an active storefront, just without an active checkout. Since the store owner can access the admin and update products and inventory, sending out these webhooks is expected. Sorry for the initial confusion!

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 37

@mrad wrote:

Hey there, after researching this issue, sending out webhooks for products/updates, and other updates webhooks is expected behaviour since paused shops are still live and have an active storefront, just without an active checkout. Since the store owner can access the admin and update products and inventory, sending out these webhooks is expected. Sorry for the initial confusion!

"While you are on the Pause plan, you can't access your Shopify admin, work on your store, or sell to customers."

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/pause-close-store

Please check the difference between dormant and full pause states.

mrad
Shopify Staff (Retired)
63 10 15

Hello, could you please DM me the IDs of the subscriptions you would no longer like to receive webhooks for. I can remove the subscriptions so that you'll no longer receive these webhooks and the customer won't need to uninstall the app