Webhooks not received

TomSmith
6 0 0

Hi 

We are developing an app and we have subscribed to some webhooks. It was working fine until about 2 months ago. From then We have received some emails about webhooks failure with these messages: 

Error: Cannot make connection to the host with error: dial tcp 194.5.193.73:443: i/o timeout

We are using test stores to test our app. so we tested the app on another test store and also reinstalled and resubscribed to the webhooks but nothing changed. I am aware that webhooks should be responded with a 200 response in 5 seconds, therefore we send the response immediately after receiving the webhook. On the partner account, it is shown that webhooks are being sent to our server but the problem is that our server doesn't even receive them.

webhook log.png

We have checked our app, nginx and even firewall logs of the server but nothing has reached the server. According to Shopify docs we tested the webhooks with Beeceptor as callbackUrl and it worked. So we concluded that maybe there is something wrong with our server ip address. I mean maybe there is a firewall or something like that on the Shopify server which has blacklisted our ip address. Contacting Shopify support led us to here. Is there anyway to check this?

Thanks for your attention.

0 Likes
cdarne
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1 0 0

Hi Tom!

Cedric here, from the Shopify Webhook team. Thanks for reaching out!

I see that the webhook deliveries are failing for the "https://webhook.mergify.bestapper.com" (194.5.193.73) host. The error in the email and in our logs suggest that it is a connection error. This means that our webhook server is not able to connect to the delivery (194.5.193.73) server. As you're suggesting, this is usually a firewall/network configuration problem that prevents this connection to happen. I will check with the infrastructure team to see if there's any blocker on our side that would cause the problem. I'd strongly advise to also check again with your server/network/internet provider to see if there could be anything that would block that connection.

I will follow up when I get more insight on that issue. Don't hesitate if you have more questions!

All the best,

Cedric | Shopify Webhooks

0 Likes
TomSmith
6 0 0

Hi @cdarne 

Do you have any updates about this issue?

Regards

0 Likes