Weird response when trying to create a gift card

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new gift card using the API but when I send the POST request it returns me back a html response with a 'continue' link which goes to a shopify login screen.

I have read and write gift card api access set for my private and have made sure my username and password are correct.

I've also tried sending requests off to other endpoints and they are working as expected so I can't see how it can be a permissions issue.

Any ideas as to whats happening here?

Thanks

Thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9933 106 1768

Does your app have access to that endpoint? If this is for a Plus shop, it’s something that must be manually enabled on Shopify side. So yeah, I would think that it’s just that permission issue and once you’ve got the scope enabled you should be good to go.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Thanks for the reply.

It is a Plus shop. How do I go about getting this enabled? Is it a setting I can change or do I need to contact Shopify support?

Thanks

Thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

@Jason if you are referring to the private apps access rights, it is set to read and write which would let me create a gift card. Is this what you meant are something else?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
72 12 25

Hi thomasbritton,

You need to contact your Merchant Success Manager in order to enable the gift card api permissions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

@Jayvin ah ok, will do that, thanks.

0 Likes