What is the frequency of order-payment webhook being called on orders that remain in unfulfilled?

steved67fb
3 0 0

We've noticed that (we expected only one order-payment notification) we receive multiple notifications throughout the day on our order-payment webhook for orders that are in the unfulfilled state.

Once marked as fulfilled, we no longer receive notifications (as expected).  Does anyone know what frequency shopify keeps sending those notifications for unfulfilled orders?

0 Likes
marcusradica
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
45 5 6

Hey there, I can pass this along to another team to understand the expected behaviour here. Which specific webhook topic is this for, orders/paid?

marcusradica | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
steved67fb
3 0 0

Hello.  It is labeled as Order Payment in the shopify webhook settings area.

0 Likes
steved67fb
3 0 0

Also to add...we've left an order we placed on shopify (in test mode for shopify payments when we put in the test order), and did receive the initial notification through the webhook for the purchase.  Unlike the live scenario order, we have not seen any additional re-sends of the notification at predefined intervals as we did see with the live (real) purchase from a customer.

Is the test mode not fully operational/support/implemented like the live mode?

It's going to be hard to verify our webhook if we can't see this expected live behavior.

0 Likes
marcusradica
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
45 5 6

Just passing along a message from another team: we should only fire the orders/paid webhook when an order transitions to paid from some other status.
Is it possible that an order edit and an additional payment happened, or something with cross-sells editing and paying an order though?

marcusradica | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes