What triggers a call to Custom Carrier Service?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 173

Hey again @Kele_Nakamura , 

Just to make sure I can provide the relevant team with the most context possible, the reason for disabling is simply because the two calls is causing load on your app that you would prefer to avoid? 

Can you confirm the shop that needs to have this disabled? Is it a shop you're the owner of?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 1

yes it just seems like a redundant call, and we're trying to implement a caching feature in case freight quotes time out at 10secs, but the back to back calls for the exact same data seem to affect this functionality so if it could be reverted back to how it was before with just a single call that would be better and more efficient. unless i'm wrong about why we would need 2 calls? but since all locations are managed by custom carrier service it doesn't seem like the new features of shopify locations is relevant to us.

there are 2 stores:

https://dev-loloi-rugs.myshopify.com - we're the owner of this one, if it can be tested here first that would be great.

https://loloirugs.myshopify.com - the client is the owner of this one, we can make that update later if necessary.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 173

Hey @Kele_Nakamura ,

Your dev shop is good to go. Keep me posted!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 1

Hi @Josh, yes confirmed on dev this is fixed now. thanks so much.

What will be the process for getting this updated on PROD? Do we need the client to reach out to you directly?

Thanks,

Kele.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 173

Hey @Kele_Nakamura ,

I'd suggest having the shop owner reach out to their manager here - they should be able to get in touch with me about setting this up.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

@Kele_Nakamura We are facing the same issue with our storefront. Where you able to resolve this issue? 

@Josh The issue here is that we facing this issue and since they are not the same call, we can't respond with the same rates as the first call. Whenever this happens our front storefront generates to the user that the shipping charges are not available, we are losing sales because of this. Do you have any information what is the format that is being send so we can make sure that the second request we can send the same rates as the first one? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Josh
We have public listed app named  "Primary Parcel"
We are also facing same issue in our clients,
When debugged we found same 2 calls are being shows and the response at random time is 500 causing issue in calculation of shipping rates due to the payload.
Kindly help us in resolving the same at the earliest
we are reachable at support@primarysoftware.com
Ticket id: 14624920
Ticket id: 14536905

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 173

Hey again folks, 

If the two requests are causing issues for you, please have merchants that need this behaviour disabled contact our support team. But you should know that it is possible and intended in some cases that more than one request can be sent to your carrier service for the same checkout. So there will likely be a time where your services will need to be prepared to handle multiple requests anyway.

I'm going to lock this post, as the initial issue has been resolved.

0 Likes