Where can I find the API Password?

Tourist
6 0 1

I am trying to set up a demo migration of products to a new website with Cart2Cart. They have asked me for the API Password - where can I find this? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1141 67 135

Hi there @lauren-randr!

Don here from Shopify.

I just wanted to let you know I have moved your query here to our API forums, as this will be the best place to get info on this.

This is due to the fact that we're not able to provide developer-level support ourselves, so directing your question to this forum would be your best chance at getting an informed response.

Our developers and Partners monitor and respond to these threads, so hopefully, you'll get the info you need from your fellow Community members here.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi @lauren-randr,

I'm Timmy from LitExtension - the world-leading shopping cart migration expert. In order to get the API, please follow the following steps: 

• Step 1: Log in to your Shopify Admin Panel
  • Step 2: Click on “Apps” and then “Manage private apps” at the bottom of the page.  

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 19.06.12.png

• Step 3: Hit “Create a new private app”

In App Details section: Enter your private app name and email

In Admin API section: Set all the assess level permission to “Read and write”

Remember to click Reviewed disable API permissions to expand the full list permission and then set those levels, too. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 19.18.30.png

• Step 4: Click “Save” and you’re completed. (Please go back to “Private App” and you can see the API Password on your screen) 

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 19.22.19.png  Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 19.22.30.png

You can follow these instructions for getting a Shopify API Password. Plus, you can also try LitExtension's migration app called LitExtension Store Migration on Shopify marketplace. We provide totally free 24/7 support so feel free to contact us if you need further support. 

Hope it’s useful. 

Timmy Tran - LitExtension Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!

Are you looking for a data migration solution? LitExtension is here to assist you!
Need help? Contact us
Try our FREE DEMO now!
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi Timmy

Many thanks for your reply! I have had to enable the private app feature.
Can I check if it is necessary to change the access for all the areas? I'm
not sure I'm 100% comfortable doing that so I'd wanted to check if it I
really needed to do it for all of them for the process to work...

Thanks

Hi @lauren-randr

When you creating a new Private app, you need to grant this app with permissions to enable data interaction with your store.

Actually, you may grant permissions only to those entities that engage in the migration process. However, to ensure your data transfer accurately and seamlessly, it's highly recommended to set "Read and Write" permission status (or "Read Access" if "Read and Write" is unavailable) to all the entities available.

Are you looking for a data migration solution? LitExtension is here to assist you!
Need help? Contact us
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you so much for your help!!

0 Likes

Hi, 

You're welcome. If you have any questions related to your migration experience, feel free to ask me. I will support you dedicatedly and timely. 

Need help? Contact us
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes