Why does setting a carrier_service to active:false reflect a deletion request?

KD123
2 0 1

When creating a new carrier_service, if you set active:false, you get a 201 Created response along with a carrier_service body. If you take that carrier_service id and attempt a GET, it results in a 404. 

Similarly, if you create an active carrier_service, then update to active:false using a PUT request, you get a 200 response with the active:false clearly indicated, but if you try a subsequent GET, you'll get a 404. 

From the Merchant perspective, under shipping & delivery >> manage rates, you'll see that for the deactivation calls, a "Carrier and rate app" remains in place, thereby replicating rows with what appears to be a max of 6 instances. If we explicitly DELETE the service instead of updating to active:false, we can see the row being removed as expected. 

Why can't we see the carrier_services with active:false? We want to be able to set a given instance to be inactive, and then reactivate it at a later time without the Merchant having to either clean up orphaned rate entries or, more importantly, re-configure any custom rate adjustments that had applied to the initial app rate entry. Is this expected behavior?

_JCC_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
66 9 9

@KD123 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, this is not expected behaviour and I have created an issue with the appropriate team. I don't have a timeline for a fix but will follow-up when I know more.

Regards,

John 

John C | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

KD123
2 0 1

Thanks for the reply @_JCC_; we are anxiously awaiting updates.

0 Likes