Why does the Shopify API send order/create data more than once?

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
35 0 3

Hi Guys,

Lately I see that Shopify tries to deliver each order/create event to my webhook 20-25 times for each order. I ignore all but the first one, but it seems a bit overkill and a waste of resources to send all these extra requests. Is this a bug or is this behaviour intended?

Thanks!

Harold

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
533 0 88

Hey Harold,

This is strange. It's possible that you're subscribed to the same webhook multiple times. If you give me the name of your shop, I can take a look at our logs and see what's happening.

Cheers,

Jamie

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
35 0 3

Hi Jamie,

I've got a lot of shops that use my Shopify apps and they all have the same problem on all the apps. And the shops are not subscribed to the same hook multiple times as that's not even possible through the API. :)

Can I email you somewhere with more details?

Thanks,

Harold

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
533 0 88

Hey Harold,

Can you please reply with an example of this? Please include the shop name, webhook topic, webhook address and timestamps.

Cheers,

Jamie

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
35 0 3

Done, thanks!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Jamie, 

The same thing is happening with my store. We are using Moneyworks Accounting software (trying to unsuccessfully so far) Shopify is transferring the sales over mulitple times in some cases ,rendering the accounting software useless at present. We thought it may be a script issue, would this be the case? Please advise your thoughts in a simple way as i am unsure on some of the terminolgies IE web hooks etc

Many thanks

Ali

0 Likes