Wrong Shopify Payments Indication

kobi_beprofit
7 0 0

We've had an issue recently with wrong Shopify Payments indications. We've been receiving a Shopify Payments "activated: true" indication for several of our users who have inactive Shopify Payments accounts.

Has anyone encountered this kind of discrepancy before? Our users are adamant that their Shopify Payments accounts are not active, and one of them even got confirmation from Shopify Support that his account is indeed inactive, so the ShopifyPaymentsAccount object seems inaccurate.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 95 176

Hey @kobi_beprofit,

This field returns true for any shop which has previously activated Shopify Payments, rather than indicating whether Shopify Payments is currently active. A shop may activate Shopify Payments and then later deactivate it, but any information about Shopify Payments balance, payouts, etc remains available through the API. From the docs

activated (Boolean!)

Whether the Shopify Payments setup is completed.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
kobi_beprofit
7 0 0

Thanks JB. So is there any way to know whether a shop currently has Shopify Payments active or not?

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 95 176

Hey @kobi_beprofit,

The API doesn't provide a way to see active gateways in general, so currently there's no way to get an explicit boolean result that shows whether Shopify Payments is enabled. Depending on the functionality of your app, you may want to reference other fields such as most recent payout date, or the transaction.gateway on the most recent order. Let me know if you have a different use-case and I can try to help come up with a solution or submit feedback to our product teams.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
kobi_beprofit
7 0 0

Hi JB

We usually have users with more than one gateway - for example both Shopify Payments and PayPal. We're not sure this problem can be solved without a boolean indicator.

Would be great if you can submit this feedback to the team. Thanks!

0 Likes