Wrong api values

ayadibaha
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hello,

How come shopify's api reports amounts different than what we find in report?

Edit:

For example, I'm getting discount value as : $1,355.71, and shopify's finances summary shows: $1,340.07.

Other problem would be that the shipping refunds are not accessible to get. The only place to find these is in the order adjustments, but there's no way to map it to the right date and time. It'll be deducted from the order and not in the date when it was refunded. As an example of this, I have $703.73 as shipping cost, and in shopify, I get $687.12.

I can't show screenshots because it's a client's store, so I don't have the right to do that (I think).

Best

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
951 80 203

I think you'll need to provide more specifics in order to get an answer on here

For example, what's your API query's URI look like? What does the Shopify web admin report show, including perhaps a screen shot?

0 Likes
ayadibaha
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Thank you for your response, I just edited my post to be more clear.

Hope that helps

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
951 80 203

That did help. I went into the Shopify web admin, created a new order, and refunded it. Including discounts and shipping. Viewing the order via the REST API, I too noticed how the order_adjustments array indeed doesn't indicate a timestamp of when the order was refunded. You would need to hit the Refund endpoint in order to view the timestamp that this took place --> https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/orders/refund?api[version]=2020-07#index-2020-07.

In terms of the differences in money, when I manually refunded the order in the Shopify web admin I saw that sales tax was included in the refunded amount. Here's a screen shot, where 7.5% sales tax has been applied to the net purchase price (i.e. - list price minus discounts) including the shipping charges. The net purchase price should've resulted in $205.50 in sales tax. That is one thing to take into account...

2582275063970 (Refund).jpg

0 Likes